front page MSc Cyber Security
Tallinn University of Technology Estonia, Tallinn
If you are not a citizen of Netherlands, please choose the right country at the top of the page.
Joint Programme with University of Tartu
The public focus on the field of cyber security is growing around the world. Estonia is well known for its eagerness to put innovative IT solutions into everyday use. It is a pioneer in electronic identities and electronic voting and enthusiastically adopts mobile technology, online banking and electronic government services. However, with so many e-solutions and such extensive use of the internet, attention also needs to be turned to the security issue.
The international Master’s programme in cyber security aims to provide students with skills in all aspects of the security of information systems. It gives students a unique chance to study under high-level cyber security practitioners from Estonian banks, telecoms, CERT and the NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence. The programme introduces students to this exciting environment and provides them with an opportunity to conduct research within the Estonian Centre of Excellence in Computer Science.
• A programme that is unique in Europe offered in a country that has national experience of cyber attacks
• An internationally recognised qualification
• Specialisation in technological or organisational aspects or a combination of both
• Simulated learning environments for some subjects
• Teaching staff have the latest high-level cyber security experience and know-how
• International guest lecturers from related industries and institutions (banks, CERT, NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence et al.)
The suggested guide for location:* 1. semester (fall): Tallinn University of Technology * 2. semester (spring): University of Tartu * 3. semester (fall): Tallinn University of Technology * 4. semester (spring): Tallinn University of Technology or University of Tartu, devoted to Master’s thesis.
The programme conveys the specialist knowledge and professional skills needed on a career path leading to high-end technical roles (e.g. security analyst, architect or research engineer) or managerial roles (e.g. project/team leader or technology officer). Great networking possibilities and collaboration with leading specialists in the field will present graduates with a range of career opportunities.